Saturday, February 18, 2012

Whitney

I am sad that Whitney Houston died.

My sister used to blast her music through our little house while she worked out. Every single day I listened to "I'm every woman" and watched my sister sweat. ha. I was a country girl, I was listening to the Judds and Reba...but Whitney found her way in. And then she sang Dolly's song.

I will always love you.

She made Dolly proud, and probably made her some money too ;) ha.

Anyhow...I'm watching her funeral today. I've cried quite a few times.
The last funeral I went to was my dad's funeral.

Yes, death has lost its sting and heaven will be sweeter, but loss is loss. And loss has emotion connected to it. Deep emotion. Sometimes only a tear can communicate it.

Have you ever noticed that at funerals when people speak, they go back and forth between past and present tense? I love, I loved, I know, I remember, we talk about, we talked about...and on and on...it's sad. And it's a reminder of how fresh the losses are when the funeral rolls along mere days after someone is gone from this earth.

Music has a way of touching hearts in a way nothing else can...I believe God uses music to move us, and to heal us. I know Whitney's music did that for many people..God used her. And one thing I know about God is that he uses those willing to be used. He doesn't use people who have it all together because well, there is no one who qualifies for that. We all need Him. I know I do.

There is nothing in the world so much like prayer as music is. ~William P. Merrill

I truly hope to hear Whitney in heaven. I hope she's singing for my dad right now, he loved music.

I remember being a child, singing "I believe the children are our future..." and feeling like she was singing to me. And now I think of my own children when I hear those words...

Do you have a memory of her music in your life?

1 comment:

Saba Jean said...

beautifully stated.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley