Thursday, March 08, 2012

it's just him

Having two children makes you want to do something...I'm not really sure what to call it...it's not really comparing....just noticing what is the same and what is different...that's not comparing right? ;) I feel like the idea of comparing is negative...like when you compare you have to pick which is better and which is worse. So that is why it's not comparing. Just noticing what is the same and what is different.

I notice similarities and differences in my boys. It is what makes them unique and what makes them family.

Lucas has been a good sleeper from day one. I kept waiting for him to change, but he's just a really good sleeper. It's great.
I did crazy things to get Judah to sleep...and quite frankly, he's almost 3 and still wakes up in the night a couple times a week. It's just him.
Lucas actually fell asleep in a jumpy thing...just sitting there playing one minute and the next he was drifting off to dream land. Judah never did anything like that...ever. We declared it a baby miracle when Lucas did it...but really, it's just him.

Photobucket

Both my boys are charmers. That is something they are very similar with...both are/were socially aware from a really early age. Both of them know how to smile and win hearts. That is just them.

Photobucket

It really is true that first born's are like the experiment child...or the one you learn it all with and the 2nd born gets a much mellower mama. Ironically, when I go to Lucas's doctor appts my doc asks me about Lucas and I never have any questions...but I always end up saying "well, Lucas is fine....but Judah is blah blah blah and I need to know blah blah blah". ha. Basically I am learning it all for the first time with Judah and using my knowledge to not stress out about Lucas.

Photobucket

I really love being a mom. I feel euphoric sometimes looking at their sweet faces. For real. And when they get all lovey dovey towards each other I almost melt into a puddle of mush it's so darn cute.


2 comments:

Beth said...

Love this post! Both on its own merits and as someone who is expecting Baby #2. :)

J said...

It really is amazing. I can see you melting into a puddle of goo :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley