Wednesday, March 21, 2012

selling memories

oh my goodness. so I decided to participate in a consignment sale.

SO. MUCH. WORK.

but I'm glad I did it, because I need the cash for another car seat and I don't need to have so much stuff hanging around my house.

I went to the pre-sale tonight and I saw people buying things I had put in the sale and all I could think was "oh I remember when Judah wore that!" or "Lucas was so sweet in that outfit". I felt like I was selling off our memories :(

Not gonna lie, I had the urge to grab it all back and hug it. lol. Yes, I have empathy for the people on Hoarders cause "I get it"...but alas. I want to make room for some new memories and that requires me to let go of the old ones. I do have some of the most sweet, most memory filled things tucked away...but no one needs 200 pieces of clothes, no matter how many memories. ha.

I do feel good that the things I loved are now on their way to new families and new babies making new memories. I feel like I sent a little bit of our full hearts and lives out into the world.

Oh it's just stuff. But it definitely felt like more than stuff as I was watching it being sold off...

Is it hard for you to let go of the things your kids have used and loved?

1 comment:

Melinda Ott said...

It was actually really hard for me to take stuff to consign. The nice check I'll be getting soon helps, though.

I actually don't shop at consignment sales--I don't do well in crowded frenzy environments. I think, though, had I gone, I probably would have ended up buying back some of my own stuff!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley