Wednesday, April 25, 2012

some ramblings on a wednesday afternoon

do you ever just have one of those days?  and all of a sudden you have another, and another, and then it's been like a week?  yeah. baby naps have a way of messing up my fun.  oh well.  we just joined the Y and I have a feeling it's going to be my lifeline to sanity in the near future.  we've only gone once and it was already way worth it to me. maybe we'll get there again today?  only time will tell.  i'm learning quickly that making plans with two kids might actually be a pointless venture. and yet, I press on. don't mind me if I cancel at the last second, repeatedly....sigh...

when I had one kid, it was hard to adapt.

now I have two, and it's hard to adapt.

I know from having the one, that eventually everything passes and I will get into a groove around the 18 month mark (only 13 left to go people!).  So in the meantime, I do my best to change my expectations and go with the flow.

Lucas started rocking on his knees this week...oh my baby is getting big!  sigh...

He actually fell asleep in my arms this week...it was bliss.  I love that moment when you sway and hold tight that little bundle of warmth and kiss their sweet soft head.  So peaceful and nice.

I need to find a way to get online and post gobs of pictures to my blog.  We have taken some really cute ones and done some fun things...I always want to craft my blogs and make them pretty and such, but I may need to just throw some pics on the blog and let them speak for themselves...I guess I'd rather do that than nothing.  Again, changing expectations.  I sense a theme!

okay.  I guess that's my rambling, for now.

I just want to add, God is good.  I see it in so many ways every day.  I feel honored when God uses me and blessed when he works in me or on my behalf.  There.  Just wanted to say that.

I leave you with a cute picture of Lucas. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Burkinator said...

Love you! Glad we're friends. :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley