Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Judah's Watermelon party!

I wish I could show the amazingness of Judah's fun 3 year old birthday party with out using gobs of pictures, but I can't...so sit back and enjoy the glimpse into our celebration via our camera's eye...

What's a birthday without some Funfetti cupcakes?!

Photobucket

I found a great idea on pinterest, cut up a watermelon with a cookie cutter!
So easy, so cute.  I chose airplanes....go figure ;)
We served all the bits and pieces eventually, but started with the pretty stuff first.

Photobucket

I learned a rather expensive lesson about the party helium tanks you can buy from party stores...
you are not supposed to fill the balloons until the party starts, or like an hour before hand...
We filled them the night before. dun dun dun...
So they were hovering around the floor of our living room when we woke up on party day...
Judah thought it was awesome.  So I guess that was still a good use of the balloons.
And eventually I decided to tie them to the canopy and it looked fun.  So they still got used.
Just not for their originally intended purpose. 

Photobucket

Another pinterest inspired idea, design something on a fence with balloons.
Since our party was the watermelon party, it was an easy choice.
We turned it into a game too, pin the seed on the watermelon. 
It was really cute.  As demonstrated by my darling husband. hehe.
Thanks to our out of town friends, Brandy and Jon for creating this masterpiece!

Photobucket

We had lots of guests at the party, including many of Lucas's buddies.
The baby blanket was where the real party was happening...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also had a watermelon seed "spitting" contest...
...also known as "throw water balloons at Lance"
the kids loved it.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


^^^^you gotta admit...that is funny stuff^^^^

Photobucket

Such a big boy! I can't believe he's 3!!!

Photobucket

Besides Judah's favorite Watermelon, we also served hot dogs...his other fave.

Photobucket

Judah's turn to play the watermelon game!

Photobucket

Photobucket

and once all the seeds were placed, the kids started popping the balloons and somehow
they all ended up running around the yard with Lance jumping on balloons and
being rowdy.  It was great :)

Photobucket

well, great except for the fact that loud noises freak the birthday boy out.
some tears were shed and daddy love was needed to get through the trauma.

Photobucket

And then Judah's favorite part of the day....

PRESENTS!!!!
haha. love his face. he was SO excited!

Photobucket

He went and thanked each person who gave him a gift after he opened the present.  
It was sweet. I was proud of my boy and how sweet he was to his friends.

Photobucket

Our neighbor friend, Tyquez, was even able to come over and brought Judah a gift card to Toys R Us.
They play together all the time so I was glad he could come over and celebrate with us.
We had a lot of friends come actually, and that is what made the day so special.
Judah is loved!

Photobucket

After the party was over and the food was eaten up...
we had a little family dance party on the back deck.
We were shaking our groove thing and laughing and reminiscing the great day we had.
We were sad the day was over.
And all the watermelon was gone...

Photobucket

So there ya go, our day in a nutshell!
Judah is officially 3 yrs old!

2 comments:

~CMS said...

Such a fun day! The pictures brought it all back and now I am going to sleep thinking of a laughing 3 year old. Sweet...

Becca Groves said...

This party looks AMAZING!!! And my very well be copied one day by a sweet little family in Minneapolis... I remember your post last summer about Judah not being able to eat enough watermelon...perfect theme for him! And those balloons on the fence! Amazing! The whole thing. Well done, mom-of-Judah. You pulled a great shin-dig together!

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley