Thursday, June 21, 2012

Farm to Table to Heart

I joined the East Nashville Mom's Club a while back.  It has been slow going getting to know people just because of my pregnancy and then having a new baby and limited time to attend events, but it's been good to befriend some of my neighborhood women.  I really do enjoy the ladies I've gotten to know.
Tonight was the annual Banquet.  
This year's theme was Farm to Table Garden Party.

Everything was local or had a local element in its creation.  It was delightful. 


Photobucket

The tables were set and ready to go!

Photobucket

These are roses from my very own rose bushes, I pruned them today and brought the blooms over to be shared at the garden party.  

Photobucket

So many lovely flowers from our own local gardens.

Photobucket

such a lovely setting

Photobucket

These drinks were tasty and lovely too...cucumbers grown from someone's garden, lavender infused lemonade and some very delightful tea.  All with local ingredients.

Photobucket

It was BYOB and several ladies had their home made kombucha on hand...a trend I keep hearing of but really know nothing about. 

Photobucket

Local cheese...and may I just say, the first one...closest to the camera...divine.  I ate a lot of that cheese :)

Photobucket

one more creative way to light up the night

Photobucket

I had a babysitter with the boys (Lance is off flying) so I didn't stay for the entire program, but the parts I was there for were really nice.

Photobucket

Our President thanking everyone who worked so hard to create this event.
 (now former, they brought the new board on starting tonight)
(and actually, the gal on the right sitting down is the new Prez...)

Photobucket

Even the sky was part of the party...it was a lovely sunset.

Photobucket

Some crafty lady made Mom's Club napkins...a souvenir of our night.

Photobucket

I wish I had nicer hand writing ;)  but it was a cute way to label everyone's glasses.

Photobucket

This is a "Before" picture...which means there must be an "after" right?!

Photobucket

oh yes...this is the "After" picture...so much delicious food...all from the moms club ladies' gardens or from local farmers.

Photobucket

I contributed locally made ice cream...TLC...sadly, I had to leave before it was served...but I know where I can get more ;)

Photobucket

There's just something so nice about gathering with other women around candle light and good food.

Photobucket

I'm a bit of a wobbly photographer so these are as clear as my pics get at night :)

Photobucket

I loved how the glasses shimmered in the twinkle light.

Photobucket

It was a delightful evening.

Photobucket

From Farm to Table to Heart.

2 comments:

Katie Allegretti said...

This looks amazing. I need some friends so I can have a garden party!!!

Beth said...

Wow, neato! Loved it - looks amazing.

Too bad you couldn't utilize that sitter just a little longer so you could stay and enjoy the ice cream! :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley