Friday, July 06, 2012

Little Library adventure

Last weekend, Lance and I and the boys went Yard Sale-ing in East Nashville.  It's one of our saturday activities we like to do when Lance is home. We find all sorts of treasures and junk and it's cheap and fun.  Well, this particular week we were cutting through a neighborhood to get to a sale when I noticed something interesting on the side of the road...but we passed it by so quickly I didn't get to investigate.  It was like a huge mailbox or something like that, I wasn't sure.
So a few days later, my mom posts on her page a picture of a "Little Library" and it occurs to me, THIS IS WHAT I SAW!!!  I was kind of excited.  It became my mission to find it again.

Um. If you know me at all, you know I am lost.  Always.

So finding this "Little Library" I thought I might have seen somewhere while we were yard sale-ing a week ago...well, not such an easy task.

Eventually it dawned on me that maybe I should google it.  Perhaps google would lead me to it, because driving around looking for it was not working out well.

Low and behold, it's a "thing" people do! Here is a link to the website in case you want to search your neighborhood to see if you also have one you can visit.

Little Library Link

I realized that I had literally been a block away in my searches...go figure.  So close, and yet...so lost.

So after naps today, I loaded the boys in the car and off we went on our Little Library adventure!

Photobucket

I had my contribution ready to go!

Photobucket

We drove up and there she was!  Just what I remembered seeing, 
only now I was seeing with understanding.

Photobucket

This little library was also offering free plants and herbs.  If only I had a green thumb.

Photobucket

I was excited to open it up and see what treasures were inside!

Photobucket

Most of the books offered were older books, there were some kids
 books and lots of Highlights magazines.

Photobucket

I added my books to the selection and we picked out several books and 
some Highlights magazines I thought Judah would enjoy.
I think it's "Take a book, return a book"
but I thought it was "Take a book, leave a book" when I went.
I need to further investigate, in the meantime, I contributed anyhow!

Photobucket

Judah and Lucas were looking at me like I was a little bit crazy parked on the 
side of a road trading books from a big old house on stilts.  haha.

Photobucket

Such a great idea.

Photobucket

Of course I instagramed it right away.  Gotta share the love!  and it's quite picturesque in my humble opinion.

I think that now that it's on my radar, I am going to try to get it on a few more people's radar and hopefully the book selection will improve.  I plan to visit often!  Such a great idea.

Maybe someday I will have my own Little Library.

Wouldn't that be grand!?!

If you are in East Nashville and want to visit, it's located at 1210 Howard Ave.

ETA: Looks like the theme of this Library is "Gardening, Cooking, Healthy Living, Feeding Mind and Body."  So the things I contributed fit in perfectly.  Glad for that!  Wouldn't want to ruin the integrity of this sweet little library.


1 comment:

Lyndee said...

I love this idea and that there are several going around the country. Maybe we can increase this and have our own. I am going to hope for the ability to have one in my yard someday too.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley