Tuesday, July 17, 2012

matchy matchy sunday

I am a huge fan of matchy matchy, it looks great in photos, it's bonding, it's silly, it's something you can only get away with occasionally, people secretly wish they were brave (crazy) enough to do it, I mean, what's not to love?

We are heading to WI this weekend...a memorial for my dad (he died a year ago today actually) and a birthday celebration for my mom.  So we did a little matchy matchy shopping to get ready.  I couldn't help but put some of the clothes on the boys this past sunday...and after church and eating out for lunch, everyone still looked decent (no major food spills, miracle!)...so I asked Lance if we could stop off and take a few pics by the river.  I am always on the hunt for a good family photo that is current.

Photobucket

low and behold!  we actually got a nice family pic.  thanks to a lady who was down by the river taking photos who offered to take one for us.  funny how when I try to orchestrate a perfect pic, it never works...but hand my camera to a stranger at the park and vwala!

Photobucket

there is a really fun hill in that park, it makes for great pictures of green grass and blue sky with no distractions...I caught a great pic of Lance and the boys relaxing after the climb...I hadn't quite made it to the top yet...I was in flip flops :)

Photobucket

it's always a bonus if there are train tracks involved...Judah is obsessed with all things train!

Photobucket

The General Jackson went by twice...it was very exciting for little boys!

Photobucket

There she is again!  Free entertainment right in the heart of the city (with a nice pic of the bat man building in the back!)

A lot of times people say "oh your family is so picture perfect" and I roll my eyes and groan cause I seriously took 500 photos to get 10 good ones...and I happen to know that Lance and I bickered for 10 min earlier in the day and the kids melted down and I yelled...but this particular day, it was actually quite a picture perfect day...no fighting, happy kids and a great day for Matchy Matchy.  Love when the pictures match up with the day...that is a real Matchy Matchy moment!



1 comment:

Becca Groves said...

First of all, the pictures are AWESOME. Second of all, I love your insight on the TRUE matchy matchy moments.

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley