Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Sparkle and Shine!

We all know how crazy hot it's been pretty much everywhere recently.  Well, with things being so hot and dried out, they banned fireworks here :(

Oh how I wish I could break rules and not be completely freaked out the entire time. Ha.

We ran our sprinkler, prepared a bucket of water and did a few fireworks in our backyard with the boys.  I was seriously afraid the police were going to come and give us the smack down.  But I couldn't imagine Lucas having his first 4th of July with no sparklers...and Judah needed a celebration too.  So we took our chances ;) It was fun (minus the po-po anxiety).


Photobucket

Love Lucas's shining eyes as he takes in the sights.

It would have totally been worth the 50$ fine if we'd been ticketed.
(although the "oldest child syndrome" in me would have been mortified)

Lance is off flying and will miss all of the local firework shows and I am not brave enough to take my two kids, alone, into crowds of people, after bed time, to watch super loud banging, booming pretty fireworks.  Maybe if Judah didn't insist on plugging his ears for every noise, and maybe if Lucas didn't jump every time he heard a loud noise...I'd consider it...well, probably not...the first 4 reasons are enough to keep us home abiding by our bedtimes and baby schedules.  I'll watch them on the evening news and that will be that.

So a few sparklers in the back yard was my consolation.  And it was plenty for my boys.

I hope your 4th of July is full of fireworks and fun and family and food and all those other great things a nice holiday celebration brings.

God Bless America!

1 comment:

Burkinator said...

Well, at least you can catch the Boston Pops 4th Show or the one at the Capitol. :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley