Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wylde Baby Jail

So Lucas Wylde...he's been army crawling since 5 months, full on crawling from a couple weeks after that...and cruising since 6 months.  His "thing" now at 7 months?  climbing.  yup. he climbs up on stools and shelves and anything he can climb.  It's awesome. ha ;)

For such a mobile little man, we've had to put the baby gates up pretty quick.  I caught him going up the stairs before he was even 6 months...gave me a heart attack.

Judah spends gobs of time out on our front porch playing...especially on rainy days or days we don't go anywhere.  So my husband helped create the ultimate "baby jail" as we like to call it, so Lucas can play too.

Photobucket

We found this really old portable play pin crib type thing at a yard sale and repurposed it...Lance took two of the sides and put them together to make an extra long gate that covered the entire entry way.  It slides in and out from the top.  We have to take it down for the mailman or if people are coming over, but it's quite handy for play time on the porch.

The boys spent almost 3 hrs out their today while I was in the house watching the Bachelorette and doing things in the kitchen.  It was awesome. ha.  We had to do major bath time after cause they were both black from being dirty, but they were so happy.  It even rained while they were out there.  It was great.  Everyone was happy!

Photobucket

Look at all the teefers!  He got #5 this week and I can see #6 is about to break through.

He likes baby jail...it actually affords him tons of freedom!

2 comments:

Becca Groves said...

Ooh..this is a great diy project. I am very impressed!

And I love that it meant you could watch the Bachelorette. Were you completely shocked too? I feel like I need to process this one with someone!

:)

Jamie Willow said...

ha, well. I wasn't very surprised. As nice of a guy as he was, he was to "perfect" and safe...she may regret not choosing him though because the other guys are good, but I think more complicated than she realizes.
She can't keep her lips off of Ari and Jef is intriguing to her. I think she'll pick Ari but we shall see!
I think Jef is a mormon...and wonder if Emily gets that and what it entails.
And Ari might crack under the pressure of it all...but I think he'd want to try. It will be a shock to his system to all of a sudden have responsibility though.

can't wait to see what happens!!! :) I am a total bachelorette fan. can't help myself. glad i'm not the only one! haha :)

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley