Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Flip Flop Olympics

What do you get when you take away internet access, make people eat food pot-luck style, hide all the clocks, let the kids roam free and leave people who have ADD tendencies to their own devices?

That's right...Flip Flop Olympics.



Photobucket

My husband came up with this idea but a little healthy competition got everyone going...well, not me, I don't run.

Photobucket

Those little kids have no idea that they are racing against highly competitive, easily amused, slightly bored adults...

Photobucket

My husband and my sister...somehow this is poetic.  They are very alike in some areas, like competition for instance...ha. Somehow I married someone who is a lot like the sister...funny how that happens.  They don't always see how they are alike...and it's hard to put into words, but sometimes there are moments I don't need to use words, because I have captured it on the camera...ha :)  Just wait until the Synchronized portion of the Flip Flop Olympics debuts...you'll see what I mean...

Photobucket

A fight to the finish...

Photobucket

Somewhere along the line, Jessi ended up getting stuck in this red ball which she claims everyone was supposed to travel through before going to the finish line...and was also claimed to be the reason she LOST. haha. 

Photobucket

See how she points at the red ball and declares the race unfair?



Photobucket

So they go again...

Photobucket

Equally matched, the flip flop olympics turned Synchronized...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

This is where Jessi falls behind....

Photobucket

Throwing her hand up in the air seemed like a good idea at the time ;)

Photobucket

But in the end, the red ball got her again...that darn red ball.

Jessi walked away with the silver medal...Lance got the Gold...and he has video footage to prove it...I'd post it, but you would want to barf. No really.  Okay fine, I'll post it...give me a minute...

Here's a link that might work...um...I hope   Flip Flop Olympics Link

Ahhh...good times. Can't wait until the next Flip Flop Olympics...I'm sure the athletes will be training vigorously until then...






1 comment:

Burkinator said...

No, I totally agree on Lance and Jessi similarities. I've thought it before, too. Still, the synchronized photos are just spooky...

Followers

So Much to Love

I love people. I love bright eyes. I love my sons, Judah & Lucas. I love laughing. I love my ringtone. I love love. I love Jesus. I love tattoos. I love milk. I love creative expression. I love smiles. I love Philippians. I love bridges. I love my house and haven. I love a rainy night. I love doing nothing. I love almonds and banana chips. I love music. I love cowboy hats. I love Anna Maria Island. I love (diet) dr.pepper. I love a good story. I love wildflowers. I love to fly. I love rod iron. I love babies. I love going to the movies. I love midnight. I love allegra. I love sunsets. I love long kisses. I love the color red. I love starshollow. I love community. I love doing life with friends. I love witty banter. I love jessilynn.com. I love my family. I love pretty things. I love cruisin' with my girls. I love remembering when. I love authentic individuals. I love hot tamales. I love when kids giggle. I love Lance. I love bonfires. I love finding people I thought I'd lost. I love yard sales. I love tacobell. I love seeing people do good. I love violins and steel guitar. I love driving to the airport. I love seeing people around me succeed at their dreams. I love being included. I love flipflops. I love blogging. I love long talks. I love dreaming.

Always On My Mind

Welcome to my blog.  I am glad you stopped by!  I choose to write my thoughts and share the joys of my life in this forum.  I hope you will read and say hi when you can!  Blessings!
Jamie
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident, and riches take wing. Only one thing endures and that is character. 
~Horace Greeley